Sunday, June 12, 2011

Elvis Presley

I was persuaded to make this portrait for the Elvis Festival held in Parkes every January.

However the portrait turned out to be a lot more complicated than my earlier ones. There was way more shadow and light in the face, with a broken highlight on each side of the face.

It was definitely a learning experience!
8 - 9 layers and 16 different coloured papers.




On the "technical" side, I have been haunting every paper shop within 2 hours of my home and gathering swatches of their papers. My aim is to be able to match each portrait with papers I know I can get easily. Got myself a handy little knife, that has a finger rest so your hand is kind of sitting over the blade, rather than your finger applying all the pressure. Hugely easier to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment